POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pause : Re: Pause Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pause
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 29 Apr 2006 14:42:35
Message: <4453b39b@news.povray.org>
> I'm running it remotely using SSH. I start POV-Ray, then log out of SSH.
> I don't know of a way of reconnecting to the original console. So I can
> use the kill command to pause it, but how can I unpause it? Is there
> some signal for that, or...?

Yep, there is a signal for that, "CONT". You can use the "kill" command
to send it to your POV process (Despite its name, "kill" can send any
signal to a process). You need the process id (PID) of the POV process
to do that, which you can get from ps:

	ps -A | grep povray

The first number in the line shown is the PID. Use it with kill:

	kill -s CONT your_pid_here

You may need to grep for something else instead of "povray" if you're
using MegaPOV.

HTH,
Florian