POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media speed : Re: Media speed Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media speed
From: Alain
Date: 14 Apr 2006 22:22:55
Message: <444058ff$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v2 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 14/04/2006 17:13:

>>   The documentation is old. It's the default value when using method
>> 1, but
>> since the default method was changed to 3 those other defaults changed
>> too,
>> but nobody remembered to update the documentation.
>>
>>   I have seen the defaults for method 3 but I don't remember them. It
>> might
>> have been 1 for intervals.
>

> Ah yes - isn't method 3 the adaptive subdivide one? Would make sense to
> have a single interval for that...
>
> Just tried rendering with intervals=1, and it does indeed produce the
> same results as with no specification. (Same speed also.) Any idea what
> the default samples setting is? (If not, I'll play tomorrow and see if I
> can find it. It'll be a lowish number...)
>
> Damn... somebody needs to update the docs! LOL. (Ah, but that would
> require a *person*. And not just any person - but a person who has the
> necessary information to do it. And the time... I imagine nobody is even
> going to look at such a thing until the current beta goes release.)
intervals =1, no need to change it. Using a to large value can cause artefacts.
samples =3, minimum value, can be set higher as needed.
You don't need to use a spread of values like samples 10,100, just use a single value.

--
Alain
You are always doing something marginal when the boss drops by your desk.