POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media speed : Re: Media speed Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media speed
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 14 Apr 2006 17:13:36
Message: <44401080@news.povray.org>
>>And yet, the documentation claims
>>that 10 is the default value...
>

>   The documentation is old. It's the default value when using method 1, but
> since the default method was changed to 3 those other defaults changed too,
> but nobody remembered to update the documentation.
>
>   I have seen the defaults for method 3 but I don't remember them. It might
> have been 1 for intervals.

Ah yes - isn't method 3 the adaptive subdivide one? Would make sense to
have a single interval for that...

Just tried rendering with intervals=1, and it does indeed produce the
same results as with no specification. (Same speed also.) Any idea what
the default samples setting is? (If not, I'll play tomorrow and see if I
can find it. It'll be a lowish number...)

Damn... somebody needs to update the docs! LOL. (Ah, but that would
require a *person*. And not just any person - but a person who has the
necessary information to do it. And the time... I imagine nobody is even
going to look at such a thing until the current beta goes release.)