POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media speed : Media speed Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Media speed
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 14 Apr 2006 16:54:39
Message: <44400c0f$1@news.povray.org>
Perhaps I'm not understanding the media sampling parameters quite right,
but here goes...

I have a block like this:

interior
{
   media
   {
     scattering {1, 1}
     density {Fn6(x, y, z)}
   }
}

This is supposed to be the clouds for my sky (which takes up about 50%
of the image with the current camera angle). It renders at about 3,000
pixels/second.

Now, if I add "intervals 10" (or indeed, any other setting) the render
slows down to 1,800 pixels/second. And yet, the documentation claims
that 10 is the default value... Does POV-Ray do something special if no
explicit value is given or something? (The images produced are markedly
different as well by the way.)