POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : help with my code : Re: help with my code Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help with my code
From: Dennis Miller
Date: 13 Feb 2006 19:08:51
Message: <43f11f93$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks Warp. Is there any way to dig a little deeper? How does the image map
become the pigment function? Assuming there are RGB values for every pixel
in my image, what exactly gets mapped to the pigment function? Is there any
scaling of parameters values, or an offset? What would those values look
like? I would like to get a better understanding of how this process works,
as I am clear that the function comes from the bitmap. But I'm trying to get
a better handle on how that happens...
And regarding the grayscale values, again, are those quantized to some range
of values? What's the process here as well?
thanks much.
Dennis