POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : file reading mistake : Re: file reading mistake Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:31:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: file reading mistake
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 29 Jan 2006 15:12:04
Message: <43dd2194$1@news.povray.org>
> Why did they limit it? That means I have to go into all the Spline Editor
> files I'm using and chop all that unreadable data off myself -- or write a
> C program to do it... Which means I'd have been better off using an old
DOS
> type C program.

Design decision? After all, POV-Ray is supposed to be a script-based
raytracer. It does come with this nice and handy SDL, but it's a bonus,
POV-Ray, after all, is just a raytracer. You're not supposed to be
programming with it, you're supposed to describe a scene and let it
raytrace.

Regards,
Tim

--