POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : file reading mistake : Re: file reading mistake Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: file reading mistake
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 29 Jan 2006 12:31:48
Message: <43dcfc04$1@news.povray.org>
> If they would have done what seems the simpler programming thing and let the
> POV user format how data is read then POV-ray would soon be reading files
> from Maya, Lightwave and 3D-max.
>
> Why did they rob us of that power?

I agree with you.

However, they did not. The end.

As I said in my other post, it's really ment for saving variables
between frames of an animation so you can load them back in the next frame.

Notice also that POV-Ray can *write* arbitrary text into an output file.
Just not *read* it. (Odd, but true.)

Also note the other reply; you can read this particular file just with
#include, since it's already in POV-Ray SDL format...