POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : "user-defined" isosurface : Re: "user-defined" isosurface Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "user-defined" isosurface
From: Warp
Date: 23 Jan 2006 19:53:42
Message: <43d57a96@news.povray.org>
Leo80s <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> What do you mean with "SDL constructs"?

#declare, #while, #if, #switch, etc.

  Also keywords like object, sphere, texture, and so on are related
to the SDL and different from the user-defined function universe.

> 1) where can I find documentation about this select construct

  In the POV-Ray documentation? If you are using POV-Ray for windows,
write the word "select" (just in the scene file) and press F1.

  See also http://povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/228/#s02_02_01_03_04

> 2) Can you send me the code where you use recursive
> > user-defined functions (if it's not a problem) ?

#declare Factorial =
  function(A) { select(A, 1, 1, A*Factorial(A-1)) };

#declare Value = Factorial(8);
#debug concat("Factorial of 8 is ", str(Value, 0, 0), "\n")

--
                                                          - Warp