POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : too many nested macros error : Re: too many nested macros error Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: too many nested macros error
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 16 Jan 2006 14:26:02
Message: <43cbf34a$1@news.povray.org>
I wrote a polygon triangulation code once. Out of interest I just
checked if it could handle 1000 points. 3.5 minutes later I know it does
:) It uses the remove ear technique and does not use recursion. You can
find the macro in the package PolyFunctions at

http://www.wikipov.org/ow.asp?PolyFunctions

If you want to stick to your own code, anything done in a recursion can
also be done using a while-loop and a stack (You can simulate a stack in
POV-Ray using an array and keeping track of the last entry).

HTH,
Florian