POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : AI for Povray? : Re: AI for Povray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AI for Povray?
From: Warp
Date: 9 Jan 2006 14:26:12
Message: <43c2b8d3@news.povray.org>
m1j <mik### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Thats what I would like to see! POV_SDL is better than RIB or XML or any
> other I have worked with but for where it is headed it is not there yet.
> The others just hold the data for a scene. POV_SDL is programming the
> scene. I like that.

  As I have always said, "one of the strongest features of POV-Ray is also
one of its weakest features", referring to its SDL.

  The idea of a more powerful SDL (both in expressive power and raw speed)
has been one of the motivations for POV-Ray 4, but that will probably happen
only in the distant future.
  Of course some people will be strongly against a new (albeit similar)
language, but that's only to be expected (some people think that "includes
OO features" means the same thing as "you must learn OOP in order to use
the program").

  And no, please don't start posting suggestions for pov4. They are
completely irrelevant at this point and the team already has their
hands full of work with 3.7. It's just an idea.

--
                                                          - Warp