POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Building a road network : Re: Building a road network Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Building a road network
From: Chris B
Date: 6 Jan 2006 12:04:18
Message: <43bea312$1@news.povray.org>
"SSSUTM" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.43bcbc276e35b3f520e9100e0@news.povray.org...
>I have to build a road network based on real life model. I used moray for
> modelling the road but when I imported it in povray, it was distorted. It
> is quite difficult to build a road network in povray and do not know which
> objects I must use especially to build curved roads. Any suggestions?

Your description of the problem and of what you are trying to achieve is a
bit vague.
In what way does your model seem to be distorted?
Are you trying to take a 2D map of some roads and build a contoured 3D model
of a large network of roads?
or Are you trying to model road junctions with bridges and stuff?

Regards,
Chris B.