POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pov Zig Zag animation and rendering window : Re: Pov Zig Zag animation and rendering window Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov Zig Zag animation and rendering window
From: Alain
Date: 15 Nov 2005 21:34:42
Message: <437a9ac2@news.povray.org>
dinos nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-11-15 13:30:
> Dear All,
>    I'm a brand new user of pov ray and I'm faced with two problems
> 1) I try to make a zig zag animation by traversing a scene using a clock and
> a while loop but the results are a bit frustrating. Its probably that I'm
> doing something wrong here or there is a more convenient way to to do so
> as an example I try to produce a number of frames for each row and restart
> the same operation again some pixels down the initial starting point and
> continue traversing the whole scene.
>                   -------------->
>                   --------------> etc
> 2) I was wandering if I can define a camera window in order to render a part
> of the whole scene of predefined size.
>
> I would be grateful in any ideas
>
> Thanks a lot
> dinos

In an aninmation, you don't need a loop to do the translation. What you need is to use
the clock to
move the camera or the object that will do the zig-zag. The rest is just dessiding on
the timing you
want.
You usualy use a while loop when you want to put several similar objects in your
scene. There are
many other uses, but that's one of the most obvious.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are