POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Simulating Ivy Growth? : Re: Simulating Ivy Growth? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simulating Ivy Growth?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 4 Nov 2005 11:24:13
Message: <436b8b2d$1@news.povray.org>
> This site offers a bunch of papers and a very nice book ("Algorithmic
> beauty of plants") on the general topic of modelling plants:
>
> http://algorithmicbotany.org/papers/

Hm, L-Systems once again. There's a lot about L-Systems on the web, but its
hard to control and get desired results, so I'd rather take a rule-based
method.

> There's also a scene shipped with POV, I think in the trace demos, which
> grows ivy.

But I didn't know about the scene in POV, it's called "tracevines.pov" in
scenes/language, and I think I should have a look at that. Though the first
render looks a little, well, unsatisfying, I might get some good ideas from
it. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--