POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bilinear Filtering Effect : Re: Bilinear Filtering Effect Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bilinear Filtering Effect
From: Slime
Date: 31 Oct 2005 04:04:46
Message: <4365de2e$1@news.povray.org>
> What I mean is that like in games, bilinear filtering will mix the pixels
of
> an entire scene so that it appears smooth and you don't see the pixels as
> such but mixed.

Well, "mix the pixels of an entire scene" sounds like a blurring effect, but
I don't think that's what you mean. I think you're referring to
anti-aliasing (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing for an
explanation, see Brian's post for usage details).

> By the way, I have downloaded some models from 3D cafe. When I import them
> in povray, they are very big. I need to reduce the size of the entire
> object. Can you suggest any functions that I can apply to make them
> smaller.

You can use the "scale" keyword to do this. For instance:

sphere {
    <0,0,0>, 1
    scale 0.1
}