POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Maximum amount of variables passed through command line : Re: Maximum amount of variables passed through command line Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Maximum amount of variables passed through command line
From: Doctor John
Date: 26 Oct 2005 05:55:35
Message: <435f5297$1@news.povray.org>
"SSSUTM" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.435f1ee853f9728336a46a7d0@news.povray.org...
>... I want to know the maximum amount of
> variables I can passed through the command line e.g shapes.pov +w100 +h100
> #declare=posx=10 #declare=posY=100. Like posx and posy, how many such
> variable declarations can I put in the command line?.Is there a limit or
> is it unlimited?
AFAIK, it's unlimited; however, it's a lot easier to put everything into a
.ini file - there's less chance of mastikes and orrers that way :-)

> Suppose, there was no restriction, what will be the side effect of pushing
> very large amount of variables through the command line, in terms of
> processing speed and quality?
None whatsoever. The command line is processed before evrything else happens
(if you see what I mean) and no back-reference is made to it from then on.

> I have a second question. I made some models in Moray with very smooth
> curves using bezier. But when I exported the model to Povray, the curves
> get distorted to such an extent that it was impossible to use it. Is there
> any remedy to this?

Sorry, can't help there. I don't use Moray

John
--
Run Fast
Run Free