POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity load/save : Re: Radiosity load/save Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:29:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity load/save
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 16 Oct 2005 09:20:33
Message: <435253a1$1@news.povray.org>
"Brian Elliott" <NotForSpam@AskIfUWant> wrote in message
news:4352507c$1@news.povray.org...
> It's been a year since I attempted this, but I am quite sure it IS
> possible, or I must have been hallucinating.  I used it for a camera
> animation sequence, where radiosity calcs were added to the file in each
> frame.

PS,  I HAVEN'T tried this with the 3.7 beta.  Err, what else..  Yup, also
beware that after some time into the animation, the sheer mass of
accumulated radiosity data could get so large that it takes LONGER per frame
to load the data and render the frame, absorbing huge slabs of RAM in the
process, than it would have been emptying it and continuing with a clean

around a static object, so the file eventually stored data for a lot of
off-screen geometry and was more than 200MB in size.

Cheers again,
  Brian