POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Unregular Scaling of an object : Re: Unregular Scaling of an object Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unregular Scaling of an object
From: Slime
Date: 4 Oct 2005 21:23:42
Message: <43432b1e$1@news.povray.org>
> But isn't the isosurface shape itself always "constrained by" the box or
> sphere CONTAINER that always has to accompany it? I admit I've only done a
> few isosurface tests , but this container object *seems* to limit an
> isosurface shape to being either "box-like" or "sphere-like." Am I wrong
> about that? Is there actually a way around that limitation, to get much
> more complex shapes and geometry?

Usually you just make the container bigger than the object before doing
weird transformations to it. As long as the object doesn't *rely* on the
container object for its shape, this isn't a problem. This is the case for
most isosurface functions, especially those made with IsoCSG.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]