POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Photons question : Photons question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:26 EDT (-0400)
  Photons question
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 22 Sep 2005 15:03:15
Message: <4332fff3$1@news.povray.org>
I'm rendering an animation that involves photons. Unfortunately, even if
I increase the photon count to the point where it takes 5 minutes to
compute the photon maps, the image is still too grainey.

Now, for a final still, I could just crank up the photo count until it
looks good then leave it for a few hours to finish the job. But for
several thousand frames of animation, that's not a real hot idea.
(Besides, you won't have time to look at it *that* hard.)

The trouble is, I can see individual "dots" of light. So I was wondering
- is there a way to make the photons more "blurry"? (To remove the
grainey appearence and make the caustics smoother.)