POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Raising contrast inside POV-Ray? : Re: Raising contrast inside POV-Ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raising contrast inside POV-Ray?
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 31 Aug 2005 00:38:37
Message: <4315344d$1@news.povray.org>
Your WIP is fine, but I would raise assumed_gamma above 1.
Personally, after 5 years of using a gammavalue of 1 I now use 2.2 together
with a brightness of 2.5.
In connection with my flat panel monitors this is a convincing solution for
contrast problems I had too.

Regards
Norbert Kern

"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:4314fcd2@news.povray.org...