POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Raising contrast inside POV-Ray? : Raising contrast inside POV-Ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:40 EDT (-0400)
  Raising contrast inside POV-Ray?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 30 Aug 2005 20:41:54
Message: <4314fcd2@news.povray.org>
Some of you might have seen my current WIP, the image currently entitled
"Windows". I make excessive use of radiosity in that image to get a soft,
realistic lighting.

Anyways, I've fiddled with some of the images in Paint Shop Pro and noticed
that some higher contrast does a lot for the image. I'm a sucker for doing
things right inside POV-Ray, so does anyone have ideas or techniques on how
to raise the contrast inside POV-Ray?

My main trouble lies within the radiosity itself, though smooth enough, I'd
like darker shadows, but simply lowering brightness will also turn the
bright areas darker.

Anyways, suggestions or techniques (using the current "standard" POV-Ray,
not some patch-version) are welcome. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"