POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POVRay and XML : Re: POVRay and XML Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay and XML
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Jul 2005 16:08:08
Message: <42d574a8$1@news.povray.org>
iceqb wrote:
> on file I/O in the SDL, it would be possible to overwrite crucial
> systemfiles (on Windows, doubtably on Linux),

Windows has as many, if not more, restrictions on overwriting crucial
system files than Linux does. Linux has only the permission system to
restrict it. Windows has System Recovery to fix it and the backup DLL
directory that automatically fixes it as soon as you change one.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     The samba was clearly inspired