POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : format of hf_gray_16 .bmp files? : Re: format of hf_gray_16 .bmp files? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: format of hf_gray_16 .bmp files?
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Jul 2005 10:36:18
Message: <42ce8f62$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Valid point (although after the 'P5' no newline is required - there is
> after the height though).

Yes, I didn't remember the details.

> But also note if that 'print' command adds a Windows newline (i.e.
> CR+LF) afterwards it generates an invalid PGM file.

That I knew. Actually, I think it was a P2 or P3 file I was generating
anyway. In any case, the point stands that in spite of the specs, it
doesn't get things right. I'm guilty as well - I've never written code
that reads pbmplus files that looks for comments. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     The samba was clearly inspired