POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : format of hf_gray_16 .bmp files? : Re: format of hf_gray_16 .bmp files? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: format of hf_gray_16 .bmp files?
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Jul 2005 15:42:26
Message: <42cd85a2$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
 > No, but this isn't really the topic - i just wanted to point out that
 > there is nothing even approximately as well defined as the PPM/PGM specs
 > for BMP.

OK. I'd disagree, given the resources I pointed you to and the number of
people who have written to the specs. And in spite of the specs being
well-defined for PPM/PGM, it's not the case that everyone importing
those formats follows the specs either, including POV-Ray.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     The samba was clearly inspired