POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : format of hf_gray_16 .bmp files? : Re: format of hf_gray_16 .bmp files? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:32:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: format of hf_gray_16 .bmp files?
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Jul 2005 13:12:51
Message: <42cd6293@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> I would be really astonished if you could find a similarly complete
> specification for the BMP format.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdi/bitmaps_4v1h.asp

Because, of course, we all know that Microsoft hates developers and
wouldn't want to let anyone else create software that can export to
their proprietary formats, naturally.  That's why when you search for
"bitmap file" nothing comes up in MSDN. ;-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     The samba was clearly inspired