POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Saturation : Re: Saturation Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saturation
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 23 Apr 2005 05:20:41
Message: <426a1369@news.povray.org>
> Is that how they manage it then? My disregarding the laws of physics?
> Strange - I would have expected that to look wrong...

It depends on how you do it. Also, I would guess that the Composite Artist
has a hand in tweaking the colors for saturation.

> > Final Fantasy Skies: Ever heard of matte paintings?
>
> No.

Matte Paintings are hand-drawn (either real or digital) paintings which you
place behind the filmed objects, often used via digital compositing and
green/blue-screen these days. They can be animated or even have parallax
effects, depending on the technique used, but it's basically a painting
instead of real geometry.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>