POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Grid Interpolation? : Re: Grid Interpolation? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:34:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grid Interpolation?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 18 Apr 2005 08:49:26
Message: <4263acd6@news.povray.org>
> My parametric surface generator uses uv-interpolated points.  Basically I
> interpolate the parameters and calculate the function at that point:
>
> p(i,j) p(i+1,j)
>   i(i+.5,j+.5)
> p(i,j+1) p(i+1,j+1)
>
> Now my "quads" are split into 4 triangles each, at the cost of (at most)
> doubling the number of points.  I think the effect is called face-centered
square.

I've googled for this, but didn't find any site or pdf explaining this. Have
you got something on this topic which you could share with me? Additionally,
where can I find this surface generator of yours, is it a POV-Ray Macro, or
some external app?

Note though (also stated in a post to Andrel) that I'll leave the plans for
this subdivision macro of mine rest for a while, as I've got too much other
stuff to do and think about that I don't really have the time, patience and
concentration to script a proper subdivision macro. Still, anything I can
find and archive about this will sure come in handy when I get back to it.

Regards,
Tim
--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"