POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Grid Interpolation? : Re: Grid Interpolation? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:35:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grid Interpolation?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 17 Apr 2005 10:21:52
Message: <42627100$1@news.povray.org>
> An internal representation where at every node you record the x,y and z
> position plus the derivatives in the u and v direction plus the second
> derivative in the uv direction (a set that can be used to create a
> smooth surface using Hermite polynomials) can uniquely be converted to a
> smooth bicubic patch. I only mention this because it might be a more
> natural set of parameters to work with during computation.

Hm, you're right. Question is if the added complexity is worth the effort.
Simply adding the nodes along the edges first, then accessing the various
finished nodes to average the inner nodes doesn't look that complicated to
me.

But I'm actually getting in favor of subdividing the triangles, looks
somewhat easier to me. :-)

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>