POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : sphere_sweep artifacts : sphere_sweep artifacts Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:33:17 EDT (-0400)
  sphere_sweep artifacts
From: Qfyd
Date: 19 Jan 2005 08:00:57
Message: <41ee5a09@news.povray.org>
I'm currently trying to get a sphere sweep approximation of my
signiature and for some reason the object produced is full of tiny holes.

I've looked at all the info about self-shadowing and tolerance but no
matter how I set the tolerance, the sweep looks like it's
disintegrating. Besides, this isn't self shadowing as far as I can tell,
the missing parts aren't just dark, they're transparent.

//This is the code I'm working with
global_settings{assumed_gamma 1.2}
camera {orthographic location<0,0,-5> look_at<0,0,0>}

light_source{<0,0,-30> color rgb 2}

sphere_sweep {
  b_spline
  10