POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Multiple Transparent Boxes : Re: Multiple Transparent Boxes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multiple Transparent Boxes
From: Vincent LE CHEVALIER
Date: 10 Jan 2005 17:53:18
Message: <41e3075e$1@news.povray.org>
Redjack wrote:

> "Redjack" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
>>Now that should settle it :) Thanks a lot ! I'll try this evening and report
>>my success (or not ;))
>

> It doesn't work! I don't know what to do now ... I'll post my complete
> source code now, so that if you are able to spare the time, you could look
> for errors in my architecture:

<snipped>
> As you can see if you render it, the refracted mirage images are already ...
> recognizable :|, but the floor at the bottom is so dark and I don't know
> why !

I think your problem has to do with photons. When I disable them in your
code, I get the result I think you expect... But I'm afraid I don't know
what you could do in order to use photons...
I might be having a similar problem, trying to render a big metallic
blob on a white floor. The floor turns black in certain cases, and I
don't know why...

Sorry for not having a more helpful answer :-(

--
Vincent