POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POVRay and XML : Re: POVRay and XML Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay and XML
From: Bernd Fuhrmann
Date: 3 Jan 2005 13:35:55
Message: <41d9908b$1@news.povray.org>
Andrey Skvortsov wrote:
> I think you are wrong and really underestimate current povray
> capabilities!  What you have written (except discussed namespaces)  can
> be done without a problem right   now. Not exactly the way you wrote but
> similar, there are such things in Povray called objects... RTFM.

Write the Fine manual!

POV-Ray help->Index->object:

---
  Object
     2.5.11.23 Object Pattern

           adding texture to
               1.2.1.5 Adding Texture to an Object
           describing
               1.2.1.4 Describing an Object
           keyword
               2.5.11.23 Object Pattern
           modifiers, quickref
               2.8.9 Object Modifiers
           pattern
               2.5.11.23 Object Pattern
---
So what part of the manual does describe how objects can solve my
problems? What part does give the hint?

> You can create your arrays of humans and pass the through the mesh() and
>    not too ugly.

Argh, arrays! I demand structs or real OOP. Sorry but this isn't
acceptable for me.

Regards,
Bernd Fuhrmann