POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POVRay and XML : Re: POVRay and XML Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay and XML
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Jan 2005 10:44:13
Message: <41d6c54d$1@news.povray.org>
In article <41d6c310$1@news.povray.org> , Bernd Fuhrmann
<Sil### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

> No I won't. Its quite a task to write such a XSLT.

Exactly that was my point ;-)

> I have never worked
> with X3D. It would take me weeks to learn X3D just to proove that it is
> possible.

Well, the only real difference is that there are no commas (well, they are
optional in VRML, they are just like spaces) and no < > around vectors, and
X3D keeps all coordinates in a *single* string.  It takes almost nothing to
transform a classic VRML-style X3D mesh to POV-Ray (one can do it with a
simple regular expression), but to transform the same X3D XML lots of manual
tweaking is needed to just *remove* redundant XML syntax that serves no
useful purpose at all!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde