POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity : Re: Radiosity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Andrew the Orchid
Date: 12 Dec 2004 04:03:35
Message: <41bc0967$1@news.povray.org>
While I'm here - slightly different question.

They recommend you don't try to render radiosity images in parallel.
Would it be possible to run the pretrace step, save the rad data, and
then start a full render going on 2 instances of POV-Ray, both loading
back the same rad data? (I'd have to turn off additional sampling,
probably.) Would that work OK? Anyone ever tried it?

(My dad has a faster computer than me - and it's dual CPU.)

Andrew.