POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Glare : Glare Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  Glare
From: Andrew the Orchid
Date: 11 Dec 2004 15:50:50
Message: <41bb5daa$1@news.povray.org>
I'm talking about glare.

For example, the lights on your Christmas tree. Each light measures
about 5mm across, and about 15mm long. If you took a lump of wood that
size and looked at it from across the room, it's barely visible. If you
render it with POV-Ray, the same thing happens.

And yet, because a light glows, you CAN see if from many meters away,
even though it's very small. Why?

[And how do I tell POV-Ray about this? ;-) ]

Surely I'm not the first person to wonder...

Andrew.