POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Colefax Galaxy Include and 3.5/3.6 : Re: Colefax Galaxy Include and 3.5/3.6 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colefax Galaxy Include and 3.5/3.6
From: Tim Riley
Date: 9 Dec 2004 18:36:08
Message: <41b8e168$1@news.povray.org>
Joe Moon wrote:
> I love the Galaxy include file by Chris Colefax, but since 3.5 came out,
> things don't render quite the same.  With background nebulas, I
> sometimes get a weird wiggly cut-off across the horizontal center of the
> picture.
>
> I've included an attachment to show what I mean.  Has anyone else
> noticed this, and possibly figured out a fix?

It's due to the change in how the "gradient" function operates (from v3.1 to 3.5
I think, or was it 3.0 to 3.1?). Somewhere in the include/macro files, the
gradient function is used one or more times (I don't remember the specifics).
Find it(them) and change "gradient y" (or x or z) to "function { abs(y) }" (or x
or z).