POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Function logic? : Re: Function logic? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function logic?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 6 Dec 2004 11:56:37
Message: <41b48f45$1@news.povray.org>
> SNIPPED Function-Pigment/Pattern-Issue

Ah, thank you, now I understand. It does make sense after all... ;-)

> To make things even better, you could try rewriting the whole thing to
> use patterns instead of pigments. The code will probably be simpler and
> the processing more efficient without those unwanted .blue and .green
> channels.

Care to give a small starter with how to use patterns with functions? What I
do now is simply use a pattern and use a colormap ranging from rgb 0 to rgb
1, but not just {[0 rgb 0][1 rgb 1]}, so I'm not sure if that is possible
with just patterns.

Regards,
Tim

--