POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Transparent finite patch primitives & fog? : Re: Transparent finite patch primitives & fog? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent finite patch primitives & fog?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 30 Nov 2004 08:50:14
Message: <41ac7a96$1@news.povray.org>
T'Crass wrote:

> Does anybody have an explanation for this behaviour? (The same happens when
> using a polygon instead of a disc.) Is it a bug, or is it
> just me again not comprehending what all these povray settings *really*
> mean...? ;-)

Discs, Polygons and Triangles don't have an inside and outside, They are
simply a surface, but they do have a normal. If you change the normal of
the disc to z instead of -z, you'll get the "camera inside non-hollow
object" warning. The "inside" of the disc is actually opposite the
disk's normal.

hth...
--
~Mike