POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to put an image over a material_map ? : How to put an image over a material_map ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:46 EDT (-0400)
  How to put an image over a material_map ?
From: destroyedlolo
Date: 23 Dec 2004 09:29:55
Message: <41CAD647.3080903@yahoo.com>
Hello,

I have sent this question on the newbies NG but nobody seems have a
solution. So I'm  trying my change on Advanced user area ;-D

I have a height_field w/ a mask allowing me to change its textures on
some areas (vegetation, river, rock, ...).

How can I put another image over it (containing roads) ?

This is the code I've tryed and rising the "Cannot layer over a patterned
texture" error.

#declare terrain = height_field {
  png "Eau.png"
  smooth
  texture {
   material_map {
    png "Eau_m.png"
    texture {
     pigment {
      slope y
      color_map {
       [0 White]
       [0.60 SteelBlue*0.1]
       [0.65 White*2]
       [0.7 Gray95]
       [0.75 Gray80]
       [0.85 MediumForestGreen]
       [1 ForestGreen]
      }
     }
    }
    texture {pigment { Sapphire_Agate } scale 1/100 } // Eaux
    texture {pigment { White_Marble } scale 1/100 } // Rochers
    texture {pigment { Jade } scale 1/100 }   // Foret
   }
   rotate x*90
  }
  pigment { image_map { png "Eau_s.png" } rotate x*90}  // This line cause
problem
  translate <-.5, 0, -.5>
  scale <6900,65535,6075>
}