POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Approximating a circle arc with line segments : Re: Approximating a circle arc with line segments Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Approximating a circle arc with line segments
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 9 Nov 2004 01:23:35
Message: <41906264@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:

>> The closest I have come was when I figured out an
>> assembly bitblitter for 320x200x256. And that took
>> me weeks. That was nothing compared to this!
>
> A bitblitter is something with displaying sprites on the screen, right? Or
> what? I'm not sure...

Somesuch - I saw Space Quest I on a PC and I just HAD to do that for myself.
I had not net access then - it took my weeks to figure out the theory, then
a further two to figure out why it was flickering so bad, then another week
to come up with the algo, etc. etc.

But my big weakness is maths I think.

Anyway! Enough bandwidth wasted - keep up posted on that bones system. Even
if it is going to take years...!

Kind regards,

--
Stefan Viljoen