POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Approximating a circle arc with line segments : Re: Approximating a circle arc with line segments Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Approximating a circle arc with line segments
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 8 Nov 2004 13:33:23
Message: <418fbbf1@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:

> Disclaimer: This post doesn't contain a question. It is about something
> I've found out. Not something that'll be significant for anyone, and even
> for me the ultimate usefulness is probably quite limited. This post is a
.
.
.
> So now I can simulate a circle arc bone using any number of straight bones
> with optimal accuracy. I'm sure it'll help me make *much* more realistic
> spinal cord movements! And it only took me a few hours to figure out... ;)
>
> Rune

Wow - hey Rune, you live in Scandinavia, right?

Why is it that all the great -real- programmers live in or near the Arctic
circle? All the real good demo groups were base there (like Future Crew),
Linus Torvalds comes from Finland, you live there, etc.

This is VERY impressive - I would never ever be able to figure something
like that out on my own. The closest I have come was when I figured out an
assembly bitblitter for 320x200x256. And that took me weeks. That was
nothing compared to this!

You plan to release a bones system for Pov maybe?

Kind regards,
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician