POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A New Isosurface question : A New Isosurface question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  A New Isosurface question
From: Rob Richards
Date: 22 Oct 2004 08:15:50
Message: <4178f9f6$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have the following code that generates a flat plane with steep sided
polygons.

-------------snip-------------
#declare f9=
function{
        pigment{
                crackle
                        color_map{
                                [0 Black]
                                [.3 Black]
                                [.4 White]
                                [1 White]
                                 }

               }
}
isosurface{
                function{y-f9(x/2,0,z/2).gray*2}
                }

What I'd like to do is to make some cracks or holes in the steep sides of
the polygons. But I can't figure out how to do it ! Subtracting or adding
another function just seems to deform the flat parts of the surface.

Can anyone help ?

Cheers
Rob