POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Any idea how i can construct this? : Re: Any idea how i can construct this? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any idea how i can construct this?
From: none
Date: 19 Oct 2004 08:31:41
Message: <4175092d@news.povray.org>
Qeldroma wrote:
> i want to construct my motorcycle and am now in the dilemma to construct the
> front-skin of this superbike.
>
> Just search for a pic of the "Kawasaki GPZ 900", then you'll see, what the
> skin around the headlight has to look like.
>
> It is irregular in all dimensions and is hollow...
>
> Every idea to do this is welcome ;-)
>
> Greets, qd

Strange name - rings a bell somewhere - fantasy literature?

Anyway, take a look at Blender - google for it you'll find it instantly
- it has quite powerful mesh design features, and exports to Wavefront
.OBJ files which can easily be imported into Povray and Moray with
Thomas Baier's 3DWin program.

What you probably need is a patch modelling / mesh modelling program.

Have you also taken a look at Wings3D?

Regards,
--
Stefan Viljoen