POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Poster making software/templates. : Re: Poster making software/templates. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poster making software/templates.
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 11 Oct 2004 14:26:59
Message: <416ad073@news.povray.org>

web.416abaa0ab1d4e6bc98f2dc00@news.povray.org...

> For example, the "Reach for the Stars" picture has a nice black/blue
> border
> with the title printed largly on the bottom with some smaller extra stuff.
> I would think this would be easy to do, but I need some good pointers.

For what it's worth, I didn't have a lot of ideas either when I did the
Reach for the Starts poster design, so I looked around for designs I liked,
and calculated the border/image ratios from them. Then I tested a good
number of fonts until I found a couple of ones that looked good. For this I
used Picture Publisher, but the Gimp should do the trick.

For my own posters, I tend to use the following:
4800x6400 pixels : border =  30 pixels background colour + 10 pixels main
colour + 760 pixels background colour
5000x5000 pixels : border = 10 pixels background colour + 5 pixels main
colour + 750 pixels background colour
The background colour is either black or white and the main colour is the
one also used for the text. I usually derive this colour from the dominant
hue of the image itself.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com