POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rotation Matrix around X or Y axis Actual vs. Theoretical : Re: Rotation Matrix around X or Y axis Actual vs. Theoretical Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotation Matrix around X or Y axis Actual vs. Theoretical
From: Slime
Date: 20 Sep 2004 13:04:02
Message: <414f0d82$1@news.povray.org>
> When rotating a camera placed at <0,0,-z> with rotate  <0, y-Angel, > the
> produced image behave different than what should I get if Using a Matrix
> [cos 0 sin ; 0 1 0; -sin 0 cos] (Typical Single Rotation around Y axis).

<0, y-angle, 0> is not a valid vector; it's equivalent to <0, <0,1,0> -
angle, 0> which doesn't make any sense. So I have to wonder, what does the
actual code that you're having trouble with look like? As you say, rotating
around the y-axis should not change the y-coordinate of any object,
including the camera. Why don't you show us your camera declaration, just in
case you're making a subtle mistake and not realizing it?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]