POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Wood coloring help. : Re: Wood coloring help. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood coloring help.
From: David Wallace
Date: 13 Sep 2004 21:42:22
Message: <41464c7e@news.povray.org>
The eyedropper tool in most paint programs (I use Paint Shop Pro) can be
used for this purpose.  Simply grab the color with the eyedropper and click
on the color swatch, which in PSP is part of the color palette.  This brings
up a color picker window with your color's RGB and/or HSV values already in
the text boxes.  It works for any type of color you want to pluck out.  I
like to use this trick for color matching from digital photographs,
especially of rocks, plants, and fungi.

PSP has an automatic image magifier for precise pixel plucking ;)