POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : starglobe : Re: starglobe Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:30:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: starglobe
From: Rarius
Date: 27 Aug 2004 06:23:18
Message: <412f0b96@news.povray.org>
>> #macro Star(vPosition, fMag)
>>     sphere
>>     {
>>         vPosition
>>         6-fMag
>>      }
>> #end
>
> Do you (or somebody else) have any experience to use that include as a
> projection on a sphere? Including the signs of the zodiac?

It already is projected onto a sphere...

OK.. I've started it off for you... See attachements

Note that the stars ARE the wrong way round... as they should be on a sphere
like you want to make... The include file was written with the intention of
the camera being INSIDE the sphere...

I do have another include file with some constellation shapes in it, but it
is VERY incomplete...

Any questions...

Rarius

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'starglobe.png' (139 KB) Download 'starglobe.pov.txt' (2 KB)

Preview of image 'starglobe.png'
starglobe.png