POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Perspective problem ... : Re: Perspective problem ... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perspective problem ...
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 16 Aug 2004 10:32:20
Message: <4120c574@news.povray.org>

news:web.4120bd99e6dfd373e5987fa60@news.povray.org...
> The value of each dot of the DEM file is the real altitude in meters. For
> example, Annecy's lac altitude is 444m so, the value of this point in 444
> (red*256 + green).
> As the maximum value for this 16bits value is 65535, I put 65535 as Y
scale

Well, then if you're sure the conversion is correct (you can check this by
adding a vertical cylinder of known height to the scene) so it's just a
matter of finding the right camera position, angle and look_at values. It
should be quite accurate, taking into account that the map is low-def.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com