POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : UVMapper help/tips : UVMapper help/tips Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  UVMapper help/tips
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 7 Aug 2004 14:58:23
Message: <4115264f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I don't know if the advanced-users group is appropriate or if I should
post this to general, but since the people here probably deal with
meshes more frequently than most...

I'm using UVMapper to do the texture maps on my skull object, but it
seems very limited to me (This is UVMapper classic) I would like the
texture map on the skull object not show up as being so spherical, When
I was doing a normal map it became obvious that the mapping was wrong.

Any hints ot tips? Or am I just missing the boat on creating UV Maps in
the first place?

A few specifics:

I modeled the object in Wings3D, exported it to .obj format, brought it
into UVMapper, and created a map for it, Using spherical for the skull
itself, cylindrical with an offset for the horns, which did what I wanted.