POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : triangle with smooth trasparency : addendum or afterthought Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  addendum or afterthought
From: Hughes, B
Date: 7 Jun 2004 22:01:33
Message: <40c51dfd$1@news.povray.org>
BTW, what I said about POV being limited wasn't in the sense that the
program code is at fault, only that the circumstances involving the
number-crunching has limitations. I mention this once again (has been said
many times in the past) because people often think the program itself has
problems instead of there being a finite realm of usability. I guess you
could say it never was made to rescale internally for coping with numbers
ranging from 10,000,000 down through 0.0000001. I have learned to stay out
of the decimals as much as possible, but it hasn't been easy.
:-)

End of obligatory footnote.

Bob H.