POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 4D geometry : Re: 4D geometry Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4D geometry
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 3 May 2004 18:13:46
Message: <4096c41a@news.povray.org>
Andrew C on Mozilla wrote:
> Out of interest... I'm told there's an amazing 4D object that has 1200
> sides or something stupid... anyone know how I compute the corners and
> join them up to make a wireframe?
>
> Thanks.
> Andrew @ home.

You might want to check out Paul Bourke's discussion of higher dimensions:

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/polyhedra/platonic4d/

Here he displays, among other things, a 2d projection of a 3d projection
of a 4d object with "600 tetrahedral cells, 1200 triangular faces, 720
edges, 120 vertices" -- probably the one you're thinking of.

Dave Matthews