POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Question3. Simple Raytracer : Re: Question3. Simple Raytracer Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question3. Simple Raytracer
From: Gena
Date: 30 Apr 2004 02:14:50
Message: <4091eeda$1@news.povray.org>
Sascha Ledinsky wrote:
> Supported:
> + perspective correct interpolation of normals and z-values
> + phong shading
> + support for POV-like ambient, diffuse, brilliance, specular and roughness
> + rgb colors
> + unlimited amount of directional or point lights

Sounds good.

> Not supported:
> - no u/v mapping yet
> - no transparency yet
> - no shadows yet

That's actually very important functionality in my case.

> I've posted an image rendered with it to p.b.i

Thank you.

> What kind of license do you use for POV-Tree?

I don't distribute source code since version 1.1
because we decided (Tom Aust and me) to try to
make commercial version. But that's still a plan...
But because of that fact I also cannot use anybody's
code and I have to do almost everything myself. I would
be glad to colloborate with anybody but at this stage
it would be unfair from my side to promise anything.

Gena.